CPAP kit and nebulizer
Respiratory assistance device for patients with spontaneous ventilation allowing maintenance in the airways of a pressure greater than atmospheric pressure during the entire respiratory cycle.
The CPAP mode of ventilation allows:
– to recruit collapsed alveoli
– to restore a satisfactory level of functional residual capacity
– to improve gas exchange at the level of the alveolocapillary membrane
– to decrease pulmonary resistance
– to decrease the work of breathing
– to redistribute the alveolar liquid to the interstitial space in case of acute pulmonary oedema
The Boussignac CPAP and its manometer connector is a device for connection to a face mask with its 22 mm male connector, the crenellated upper part remaining open to the air.
This device comprises 2 lateral ports:
– the upper port is preconnected to a an extension tube (length 200 cm) for connection to an air or oxygen source
– the bottom port (colourless translucent) allows:
. controlling pressure (use manometer code 527.01)
. an additional oxygen supply if the gas administered to the patient via the upper port is air
. CO2 monitoring
Contents of the set:
– 1 Boussignac CPAP device and manometer connector
– 1 nebulizer
– 1 silicone fixation harness
– 1 face mask (4 sizes) :
. one “adolescent” mask codes 5572.300/303
.one “adult – small” mask codes 5572.400/403
. one “adult – medium” mask codes 5572.500/503
. one “adult – large” mask codes 5572.600/603
How it works:
The gases administered to the patient (air, air-oxygen mixture or pure oxygen) pass through the extension tube and arrive in a circular chamber where the gases can only escape into the central zone passing through 4 micro-channels. At that moment, the injection speed of the gases is greatly increased. Deflector at the exit site of the micro-channels eject the gases arriving at high speed towards the opposite wall.
The collision of gas molecules between themselves generates a turbulence which creates a virtual valve and simultaneously the speed of gases is transformed in pressure. This pressure depends directly on the flowrate: if the flowrate (the amount of gas injected) is increased, the pressure will increase; if the flowrate is decreased, the pressure will decrease.
*Codes 5572.300/400/500/600: Odorless mask.
*Codes 5572.303/403/503/603: Vanilla scented mask.
- Contains Latex: No
- Contains DEHP: No
- Contains biogical or animal-based product: No
- Non-pyrogenic: No